Village is designed with humans and animals in mind
We wanted to create a warm and welcoming environment. From our garden as you arrive; to the consult rooms with beautiful prints, to the colours on the wall, we have endeavored to make Village attractive to our visitors.
From our patient’s perspective, comfort is extremely important. We have separate wards for cats and dogs and our exotic patients; parrots, lizards, chickens, and stray wildlife. We have a small high care/isolation ward situated in the hospital itself for those patients that need constant supervision.
See our practice facilities for more detailed information.
Outpatient care and services
- Primary Health Care – annual health check, vaccination, parasite control and nutritional advice
- Avian wing and nail clips
- Micro chipping
- Emigration testing and certification (including Rabies blood serology)
- Weight loss clinics
- Stitch removal
- In-house diagnostic facilities
- Referral to Specialists when required
- Reproductive health
- Blood pressure
- Healthy Pet Club
- Puppy Classes
Inpatient/ Hospital services
- Blood pressure monitoring
- In house laboratory and diagnostics
- Digital X-Ray
- Dental surgery encompassing full oral examination and dental scoring. Dental hygiene that includes scaling and polishing as well as extractions if indicated and Intra-oral radiography. Dental surgery is conducted under anesthetic and is normally a day procedure.
- Colour flow Doppler ultrasound. This enables us to monitor the way the blood flows through the heart and address any issues. The ultrasound also allows us to view internal organs to see irregularities and other abnormalities. Ultrasound assisted biopsies improves accuracy of taking samples.
- Endoscopy (GI tract, airway, joints, bladder) an endoscope is a flexible tube with a video camera attachment that is inserted either into the stomach through the mouth or the colon via the rectum. The endoscope permits visual inspection of the inside of these hollow organs while the patient is under anesthetic.
- Surgery – soft tissue and orthopedic.
- Retail shop with toys, food and accessories for small animals and exotics
- Consultation area with 3 Air conditioned Consulting Rooms
- Visiting / discussion room
- Visiting / puppy class garden
- Boardroom for on-site training
- Digital record storage
- Dog ward
- Cat ward
- Exotic ward
- High Care/Isolation ward
- Secure grassed area for exercise
- Air-conditioned throughout
- Prep/ Pre-med area
- Surgical theatre
- Digital Imaging
- In-house Laboratory and Microscopy
- Air-conditioned throughout
We use steam cleaning machines and medical sterilisers continuously to keep our hospital clean and fresh so the environment is pleasant for humans and animals to spend time in.
Every year we voluntarily get an outside independent company to conduct a hygiene audit. We have received an Independent Veterinary Practice Biosecurity Award every year since 2013.
We do, in certain circumstances, conduct house calls for vaccination of several pets or for euthanasia. These are by appointment only and need to be booked a minimum of 24 hours in advance so that we can schedule that time into our consulting schedule. Please call reception to arrange.